Among all the oral options that physicians can choose from to treat diabetes, how HCPs perceive a type 2 diabetes medication is grounded in how they emotionally connect with each brand. As newly launched brands navigate the oral type 2 diabetes landscape, it’s helpful to understand HCPs’ perceptions and the individual personalities of each existing drug.
Oral Type 2 Diabetes Brand Personalities and Emotional Benefits illustrates the unique combination of personalities of 8 branded products. Despite differences in each oral type 2 diabetes medication’s position within the market, brands may share similar personality traits, as perceived by physicians. This report examines those personality differences and each oral type 2 diabetes brand’s distinctive emotional perceptions.
Any oral type 2 diabetes medication will have multiple archetypes that make up its individual personality. This strategy guide presents these archetypes and shares endocrinologists’ and primary care providers’ perceptions of each brand in their own words. The guide is a valuable tool to inform new oral type 2 diabetes medication’s launch strategies, marketing plans or communications tactics.
Overview of Type 2 Diabetes Brand Personalities
Type 2 Diabetes Brand Personalities and Emotional Benefits breaks down how healthcare providers perceive each Oral T2D brand’s unique personality. These personality profiles uncover insights on why endocrinologists make their treatment decisions.
The report focuses on how US endocrinologists perceive type 2 diabetes brand personalities along the following archetypes:
- The Innocent
- The Everyman
- The Hero
- The Caregiver
- The Explorer
- The Rebel
- The Lover
- The Creator
- The Jester
- The Sage
- The Magician
- The Ruler
Branded Type 2 Diabetes Medications Analyzed
Strategic Questions Answered about Oral Type 2 Diabetes Brand Personalities
- Brand Character: What is the unique personality of current each type 2 diabetes medication?
- Emotional Perceptions: How do endocrinologists and primary care providers feel about current type 2 diabetes medications? What emotions do HPCs feel about different type 2 diabetes brands?
- Treatment Ideal: Which oral type 2 diabetes medications most closely align with physicians’ ‘ideal’ oral type 2 diabetes therapy?
Summary of Strategic Insights around Oral Type 2 Diabetes Brand Personalities
- HCPs viewed Tradjenta/Jentadueto as the joker, Charlie Chaplin personality. They feel the type 2 diabetes medication delivers awkward results without a unique product benefit.
- HCPs tend to associate SGLT2s with Albert Einstein because of his innovative and scientific persona. Largely feeling they are a well-studied advancement in the oral type 2 diabetes landscape.
- Onglyza/ Kombiglyze is associated with the rebel personality of Madonna. This is largely because it is unique and popular but represents a high cost.
Benefits of Purchasing Oral Type 2 Diabetes Brand Personalities
- Cost-efficient insights about oral type 2 diabetes brand personalities to support your strategic marketing decisions.
- Insights drawn from in-depth interviews among US KOLs and surveys of more than 155 endocrinologists and primary care providers.
- A complimentary 30-minute workshop with you (and your team).
- Unlimited support from Vivisum’s type 2 diabetes strategist for 1-year.
Table of Contents
Executive Summary – 5
Research Methodology: Robust Insights from US Endocrinologists and PCPs – 6
Oral Type 2 Diabetes Brand Personality Methodology – 7
The Strategic Six: Key Insights About Emotional Personalities of Oral Type 2 Diabetes Brands – 8
Brand Personalities and Archetypes – 9
Oral Type 2 Diabetes Brand Personalities – 10
Tradjenta/Jentadueto Brand Personality – 11
- Tradjenta/Jentadueto Brand Personalities – 12
- Tradjenta/Jentadueto: Jester Personality – 13
Rybelsus Brand Personality – 14
- Rybelsus Brand Personality – 15
- Rybelsus: Everyman Personality – 16
Steglatro/ Segluromet/ Steglujan Brand Personality – 17
- Steglatro/ Segluromet/ Steglujan Brand Personality – 18
- Steglatro/ Segluromet/ Steglujan: Sage Personality –19
- Steglatro/ Segluromet/ Steglujan: Everyman Personality –20
Onglyza/Kombiglyze Brand Personality – 21
- Onglyza/Kombiglyze Brand Personalities – 22
- Onglyza/Kombiglyze: Rebel Personality – 23
- Onglyza/Kombiglyze: Sage Personality – 24
Invokana Brand Personality – 25
- Invokana Brand Personality – 26
- Invokana: Everyman Personality – 27
Jardiance/ Synjardy/ Glyxambi Brand Personality – 28
- Jardiance/ Synjardy/ Glyxambi Brand Personalities– 29
- Jardiance/ Synjardy/ Glyxambi: Everyman Personality – 30
- Jardiance/ Synjardy/ Glyxambi: Sage Personality – 31
Januvia/Janumet Brand Personality – 32
- Januvia/Janumet Brand Personalities – 33
- Januvia/Janumet: Everyman Personality – 34
Farxiga Brand Personality – 35
- Farxiga Brand Personality – 36
- Farxiga: Everyman Personality – 37
- Farxiga: Sage Personality – 38
- Farxiga: Creator Personality – 39
Contact – 40