The Oral Type 2 Diabetes Market Landscape is ideal for brand leaders of type 2 diabetes drugs who need comprehensive market insights. This research library provides real-world analysis of US endocrinologists’ and primary care providers’ perceptions, beliefs, prescribing habits and intentions for their treatment of type 2 diabetes over the next 12 months.
The strategy guides and brand navigators in this library analyze a range of type 2 diabetes drugs from traditional treatment options, such as metformin, to more modern SGLT2 inhibitors and GLP-1 agonists. And with new pipeline therapies on the horizon, the market for oral type 2 diabetes drugs is likely to see many changes.
The Oral Type 2 Diabetes Market Landscape includes 15 strategy guides and brand navigators that cover every aspect of the oral type 2 diabetes marketplace. Vivisum Partners built the seven strategy guides through its proprietary PHYCURE tactical framework, which is designed to support existing and launching drugs’ brand commercial strategies. The library’s strategy navigators cover the following brand dimensions for oral type 2 diabetes brands:
- Target patient
- Prescription treatment journey
- Competitive set
- Unmet needs
- Clinical benefits
- Emotional brand attributes
- Future clinical pipeline
No other syndicated market research library provides an in-depth analysis of the current and emerging trends impacting the oral type 2 diabetes marketplace like the Oral Type 2 Diabetes Market Landscape. This library’s 15 reports uncover US endocrinologists’ and primary care providers’ current perspectives and expectations of the oral type 2 diabetes marketplace. The strategic research library provides affordable, premium insights about oral type 2 diabetes drugs for biopharma brand executives, as well as teams developing pipeline new type 2 treatments.
Branded Treatments Analyzed
- Jardiance/ Synjardy/ Glyxambi (empagliflozin)
- Rybelsus (semaglutide)
- Farxiga (dapagliflozin)
- Januvia/ Janumet (sitagliptin)
- Invokana (canagliflozin)
- Tradjenta/ Jentadueto
- Steglatro/ Segluromet/ Steglujan (ertugliflozin)
- Onglyza/ Kombiglyze (saxagliptin)
Pipeline Treatments Analyzed
- Oral insulin
Strategic Questions Answered about Oral Type 2 Diabetes Market Landscape Research Library
- Patient selection: What are the key patient characteristics that drive HCP prescription decisions among oral type 2 diabetes treatments?
- Treatment journey: What are the milestones that shape physician treatment decisions along the type 2 diabetes patient journey?
- Competitive landscape: How are oral type 2 diabetes drugs competitively positioned? Who are the top 2 – 3 competitors for each of the top brands within the type 2 diabetes treatment landscape?
- Where are the biggest unmet needs among current oral type 2 diabetes treatments in efficacy, safety, dosing, tolerability, access, and support?
- Clinical perceptions: How do physicians perceive current oral type 2 diabetes drugs in terms of their efficacy, safety, dosing, tolerability, access, and support?
- Brand personalities: What is the unique personality of current oral type 2 diabetes brands?
- Pipeline: How do physicians perceive oral type 2 diabetes drugs in the pipeline in terms of their efficacy, safety, dosing, tolerability, access, and support?
Summary of Strategic Insights around Oral Type 2 Diabetes Market Landscape Research Library
- Endocrinologists tend to think about branded medications earlier in the algorithm as compared with PCPs. Endos tend to see more branded options as first line where PCPs see them as second line.
- Most HCPs believe that treatment guidelines have a big influence on the way they prescribe oral type 2 diabetes drugs. However, this is closely followed be personal clinical experience.
- Oral insulin is expected to be most competitive with two generic options, Sulfonylureas and TZDs. This suggest that HCPs do not believe oral insulin will compete with the more powerful branded medications.
- Given the crowded market for oral type 2 diabetes drugs, there is very low dissatisfaction with current available armamentarium. Only 1% of HCPs claim they are dissatisfied with current oral options.
- HCPs identify JARDIANCE/ SYNJARDY/ GLYXAMBI (empagliflozin) as being closest to an ‘ideal’ oral T2D treatment due to strong efficacy, dosing and support.
- HCPs believe oral type 2 diabetes drugs have widespread applicability for many patients.
- While HCPs are excited for Oral Insulin’s entrance into the T2D market, they also believe it will have worse access than most currently available treatment options
Benefits of Purchasing Oral Type 2 Diabetes Market Landscape Research Library
- Cost-efficient analysis about the oral type 2 diabetes market landscape to support brand building and strategic marketing decisions.
- Insights drawn from in-depth interviews among US KOLs and surveys of more than 155 endocrinologists and primary care providers
- A complimentary 30-minute workshop with you (and your team)
- Unlimited support from Vivisum’s type 2 diabetes strategist for 1-year.