Oral Type 2 Diabetes Rx Decision Journey details the process that physicians go through to properly treat their patients with oral medication for type 2 diabetes. Each patient’s treatment journey is unique, but there are still common steps that endocrinologists take on the path toward optimal treatment. This strategy guide describes the decision-making process that endocrinologists and primary care providers go through, providing milestones and examples for each step.
Endocrinologists need to account for a significant amount of information about their type 2 diabetes patients prior to making their decisions on oral medication for type 2 diabetes. From the severity of their symptoms and the details of their diagnosis to their unique patient characteristics and likelihood for relapse, the prescription journey for physicians is complex, to say the least. When coupled with more than a dozen oral medications for type 2 diabetes, deciding the right drug requires the correct set of inputs.
The type 2 diabetes prescription decision journey includes multiple stages. This strategy guide details each of those stages and the degree to which each component impacts physicians’ decisions. The quantitative analysis included in Type 2 Diabetes Rx Decision Journey, supported by direct quotes from US endocrinologists and primary care providers, provide up-to-date market insights that assist any oral type 2 diabetes brand’s strategy development.
To navigate the type 2 diabetes market, it’s important to outline the prescription journey map. In Type 2 Diabetes Rx Decision Journey, Vivisum Partners has broken down and detailed the key steps along prescription journey, including key milestones and step-by-step decisions that physicians make. This strategy guide highlights the journey from a type 2 diabetes patient’s first visit, through diagnosis and choosing the oral medication for type 2 diabetes. The report also provides insights on the driving factors behind physicians’ treatment decision.
The key steps on the prescriber decision journey examines the following milestones:
- First visit
- Initial Treatment
- Treatment switch
Top Corporate Brands in T2D Analyzed
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- CSPC ZhonQi Pharmaceutical Technology
- Eli Lilly
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Novo Nordisk
- Oramed Pharmaceuticals
- Theracos, Inc.
Strategic Questions Answered about Oral Type 2 Diabetes Rx Decision Journey
- Journey Milestones: What are the milestones that shape physician treatment decisions along the type 2 diabetes patient journey?
- Journey Drivers: What are the common catalysts and key drivers of physician treatment decisions at each milestone in the type 2 diabetes journey?
- Corporate Brands: Which biopharm companies have the strongest brand reputation among type 2 diabetes prescribers?
Summary of Strategic Insights around Oral Type 2 Diabetes Rx Decision Journey
- Most HCPs believe that treatment guidelines have a big influence on the way they prescribe oral medication for type 2 diabetes. However, this is closely followed be personal clinical experience.
- Type 2 diabetes has a heavy focus on A1C levels. At almost every point in the treatment journey, HCPs are factoring in the A1C levels of type 2 diabetes patients.
- Novo Nordisk is seen as one of the most reputable companies in the diabetes space. This perception is driven by their effective oral medication for type 2 diabetes and excellent support programs.
Benefits of Purchasing Oral Type 2 Diabetes Rx Decision Journey
- Cost-efficient insights about how HCPs decide upon oral type 2 diabetes treatment to support your strategic marketing decisions.
- Insights drawn from in-depth interviews among US KOLs and surveys of more than 155 endocrinologists and primary care providers.
- A complimentary 30-minute workshop with you (and your team)
- Unlimited support from Vivisum’s type 2 diabetes strategist for 1-year.
Table of Contents
Executive Summary – 5
Research Methodology: Robust Insights from US Endocrinologists – 6
The Strategic Six: Key Insights About HCPs’ Type 2 Diabetes Rx Journey – 7
Top Corporate Reputation in Type 2 Diabetes – 8
Prescriber decision journey – 9
Corporate Brand Reputations in T2D– 10
Best Corporate Brand Reputation in Oral T2D – 11
Eli Lilly Reputation in T2D – 12
Novo Nordisk Reputation in T2D – 13
AstraZeneca Reputation in T2D – 14
Sanofi Reputation in MS – 15
Pfizer Reputation in T2D – 16
Merck Reputation in T2D – 17
Janssen Reputation in T2D– 18
Rx Decision Influencers – 19
Most Influential Factors in Rx Decision – 20
Least Influential Factors in Rx Decision – 21
Rx Decision Journey – 22
Prescriber decision journey – 23
First visit – 24
First Visit: Disease Complexity – 25
First Visit: A1C Control – 26
First Visit: Referral – 27
Diagnosis – 28
Diagnosis: Hemoglobin A1C- 29
Diagnosis: Fasting Glucose Test – 30
Diagnosis: Oral Glucose Test – 31
Diagnosis: Insulin C-Peptide Test- 32
Diagnosis: Routine Screenin-33
Initial treatment – 34
Initial treatment: Severity/Control – 35
Initial treatment: Comorbidities – 36
Initial treatment: Weight/BMI – 37
Initial treatment: Patient Preference – 38
Initial treatment: Lifestyle Impact – 39
Treatment switch – 40
Treatment Switch: Side Effects-41
Treatment Switch: Lack of Control – 42
Treatment Switch: Cost and Insurance – 43
Treatment Switch: Comorbidities– 44
Contact – 45